No Products in the Cart
New! We are thrilled that Dixie Belle’s popular Patina Effects Collection has finally arrived in the UK market. These extraordinary products will help you create real rust effects on your furniture and home décor projects.
Please select your individual products from the drop down menu:
- Prime Start - if using the Patina products on a metal surface, this formula blocks the Patina layer from affecting the metal below.
- Patina Paint - choose from Bronze, Copper or Iron effect for three completely different results.
- Patina Spray - activate the rusting process using this green spray (Blue Spray is not yet importable into the UK due to restrictions).
HOW TO USE THE PATINA COLLECTION PRODUCTS:
1. Clean your project with White Lightning
2. If your surface is metal, apply one coat of Prime Start metal primer. For non-metal surfaces, apply one coat of Dixie Belle Paint.
3. Shake your chosen Patina Paint well, apply one coat and allow to dry. Remember that a stippling motion will create a more authentic rust look rather than a regular brushstroke motion.
4. Apply a second coat of Patina Paint and, while still wet, apply the Patina Spray. Patina Paint incorporates real metal and naturally reacts as the patina spray is applied - watch the magic begin as rust starts to form. Please note, however, that it can take 2-6 hours for the complete reaction and effect to show.
TOP TIP - after each use, be sure to rinse out the patina spray nozzle thoroughly and seal the container with the cap. Do not store the nozzle inside the spray.
5. Seal your finish with Dixie Belle Clear Coat (Patina Guard is not yet importable into the UK due to restrictions - Dixie Belle advises that Clear Coat is compatible with the Patina Effects products).
Pot Size: All items in this collection are 236ml / 8oz size and are ordered separately.